The policy of Rosseti’s Group of Companies in the field of labour protection
Rosseti’s Group of Companies, being one of the largest electric grid companies in the world engaged in the transmission and distribution of electricity, recognizes as a priority in the field of labour protection the preservation of the life and health of workers in the course of their labour activity, as well as visitors and representatives of contractors located at facilities of Rosseti’s Group of Companies, and declares that the main value is the life and health of each employee.
The main goals of Rosseti’s Group of Companies in the field of labour protection:
- creating healthy and safe working conditions;
- consistent and continuous reduction in production injuries and occupational diseases;
- creating and maintaining a positive image of the employer in the labour market, strengthening the trust of shareholders, investors, creditors and other stakeholders;
- ensuring a high level of corporate safety culture.
To achieve the stated goals, Rosseti’s Group of Companies assumes the following obligations:
- to ensure the priority of preserving the life and health of workers in the course of their labour activities over the results of production activities;
- to demonstrate the commitment of senior management and managers at all levels of management to labour protection issues;
- to ensure compliance of production activities with the state regulatory requirements for labour protection, requirements of international agreements, industry and local regulatory acts on labour protection;
- to ensure safe working conditions for workers at electric grid facilities, prevent injuries and worsening health conditions of workers;
- to prevent injuries to third parties located on premises of electric grid facilities of Rosseti’s Group of Companies;
- to ensure prevention of accidents, incidents and disruptive events;
- to identify hazards in the workplace, evaluate and effectively manage professional risks, taking into account features and specifics of production activities;
- to ensure timely modernization of electric grid facilities, equipment replacement, improvement of production and technological processes, equipping workers with high-quality tools and devices, effective means of individual and collective protection;
- to stimulate the implementation of innovative approaches and technologies that ensure the safety of workers in the conduct of production activities;
- to constantly improve and increase the effectiveness of the OSH Management System, taking into account modern methods, standards and the best practices in the field of labour protection;
- to form a culture of safe behaviour among workers and ensure compliance with labour protection requirements in the course of labour activity;
- to establish and maintain the necessary competence of managers, specialists and other employees to fulfill their responsibilities related to ensuring and observing safety and labour protection requirements;
- to create conditions aimed at the maximum support of competent and qualified employees for the purpose of long-term work in the profession;
- to increase motivation of workers to comply with labour protection requirements in the course of labour activity and to improve their qualifications;
- to take measures to encourage employees of contracting organizations to comply with labour protection requirements when conducting work at facilities of Rosseti’s Group of Companies;
- to hold consultations and involve employees and their representatives in active participation in the management of labour protection and ensuring safe working conditions;
- to popularize labour protection in order to prevent injuries and occupational diseases of workers.
As part of its development strategy and the context of this Policy, the management of Rosseti’s Group of Companies demonstrates adherence to the principles of the “Vision Zero” concept.
Any initiatives of employees of Rosseti’s Group of Companies and other stakeholders aimed at ensuring and improving working conditions and labour protection will be reviewed, supported and appreciated.
The management of Rosseti’s Group of Companies guarantees the allocation of the necessary resources, as well as the creation of conditions for the implementation of the obligations stated in this Policy.
The management of Rosseti’s Group of Companies, recognizing the core values, main goals and the obligations undertaken, assumes responsibility for the implementation of the Policy in the field of labour protection.
Approved by Order of IDGC of Centre, PJSC
dated 19.10.2018 № 462-TSA